Duma Tau lies in the private 125 000 hectare Linyanti Wildlife Reserve, which borders the western boundary of Chobe National Park, and is nestled under shady mangosteen trees. This magnificent lodge overlooks the lagoon within the Linyanti waterway system, which is filled with Hippos lazing about in the water. The source of the Savuti Channel is near to the camp, making game drives up the Savuti one of the highlights while staying at this Botswana accommodation venue.

The spacious general living area offers a dining room and pub where you can enjoy delicious meals or sip on an ice cold beverage while enjoying superb landscape views. The plunge pool will provide a refreshing break from the African sun while the comfortable loungers are great for relaxing with a book. Guests can gather around the warm campfire at night to share stories about their day in the bush, or simply make a couple of new friends, while the curio shop has plenty of interesting souvenirs for you to choose from so that you never forget your magical stay at this Botswana safari camp.


Duma Tau offers 10 luxurious safari tents; eight are twin-bedded, while there is also one family unit that can cater for five guests and one honeymoon tent with a king-size bed. The canvas cottages are on raised decks, with wooden floors and thatched roofs, and all of the rooms offer magnificent views over the lagoon and floodplains. Each room is equipped with en-suite facilities including a single basin and glass shower. Outdoor showers are also available for each room. Ceiling fans will ensure that you remain cool while mosquito nets over the bed will allow you to enjoy a peaceful sleep after all of the activities. Soaps, shampoos and insect repellents are supplied in each tent at this comfortable accommodation in Botswana.

This Botswana safari camp is close to the source of the Savuti Channel, as well as the Linyanti water ways, which can allow guests to have sightings of Elephant, lion, zebra, wildebeest, giraffe, warthog, lechwe, hippo, leopard, impala, waterbuck, African wild cat and wild dog. Majestic Elephant viewing in winter is amongst the best you will see anywhere in the world.

The Safaris

About 90% of the activities at Duma Tau are on land while the other 10% includes water activities. Game drive safaris are done on 10-seater open 4x4 Land Rovers, each accommodating up to seven guests, and allows all guests an outside seat. Night Drives and walking safaris are also available. Water based safaris include cruising the waterways in the six-seater motorboat. The single-decker Pontoon boat offers magical sundowner cruises.


Electricity & Water
This Botswana safari camp is equipped with a 220v generator which provides electricity to the kitchen and main areas when guests are away. The generators are generally turned off to maintain a peaceful environment at the camp once the guests return. Safari tents are run on a 12v battery to power the lights and fans. Hairdryers and other similar equipment are not catered for. Batteries for cameras can be charged on the generator while guests are out; therefore visitors are urged to bring a spare battery and charging unit.

A laundry service is available and is done on a daily basis. This is also included in the nightly tariff, with the exception of items such as underwear. These are not washed due to local customs.

Flying Times
To/from Maun 40 minutes
To/from Kasane 50 minutes
Kasane to Victoria Falls 20 minutes (allow additional time for customs and immigration). Chobe 1 Airstrip is a 35 minute drive from camp and consists of a 1000m long runway made of compacted calcrete. A maximum aircraft weight of 2 300 kg is allowed. This air strip is not licensed for heavier aircraft such as King Airs and Islanders, however, these aircrafts can utilise Kings Pool air strip. Driving from Kings Pool to Duma Tau will take 55 minutes. Chobe 1 Air strip co-ordinates: S18.31.99, E023.39.27.